Wednesday, November 12, 2014

My exciting journey in getting a hospitalization plan

Hello phantom readers,

While I am pretty sure no one do read this at the time of this post, I do hope it will be googled by some people some time and hope it does help them in some way.

So while I am not an agent, I do have an interesting journey in buying hospitalization plan! This is because I get to meet several agents and learnt a thing or two during these sharing session.

And disclaimer, this is my personal view. I am in no way trying to do advertisements for anyone, and I say again, as of the day I am writing this post, my profession is a Software Developer, not Insurance Agent.

So unlike normal healthy beings, I am actually downgraded to PES E during NS time. So this just shows how unhealthy I am and to be honest, I was pretty afraid that insurance company do not allow me to buy into the plans.

That was when I was introduced to Aviva Hospitalisation plan. They have a fanciful name for it, but I don't care nor bother.
But the point about this plan is that there is something known as Moratorium underwriting.
http://www.aviva.com.sg/life-and-health/for-individuals/Protection_101/quick_answers_health.html

This means you will be automatically qualified for the plan itself, and any medical conditions will be placed as moratorium, while some severe ones will be excluded. This is definitely better than getting rejected by an insurance company altogether.

Well, some coverage is better than no coverage!

PS: i just signed the insurance plan after looking around for quite some times. I will periodically update more about it, whether if it is really as accepting as they claim to be etc!


Regards
Benjamin Chai

No comments:

Post a Comment