Monday, January 2, 2017

2016 in my nutshell

Hi,

I think I should just do this blog post to remind myself how great 2016 have been to me.
Of course, there are bad things happening and the occasional big fights i had with various people, mostly with chew, but 2016 has generally been an interesting and fulfilling year!

The year started off with me joining the Network Team where I go on to become a network engineer and subsequently promoted to Senior Engineer with Crimsonlogic. The work was fun and I have so much to learn. Opportunities appeared out of nowhere and I am caught unprepared and hence gave it a miss. But as the year progresses, an opening came by and I decided that a change of environment would be good for my professional growth. This change have brought me into another new domain that was totally unfamiliar to me. Lucky for me, I have tolerant superiors and encouraging colleagues which made learning fun and unreasonable project deadlines seemed possible!

Speaking of change, I think the biggest change apart from a job change would be changing of house. From the familiar neighbourhood and friends in AMK, i shifted to uncharted Punggol, where no one nearby are friends that I can readily ask out. Yes Punggol is a closely knitted location, but the convenience wasnt the "stay in same block" convenience i have been enjoying for a very long time. Even buying of food is no longer a block away. it has become a chore to walk out to get food even for a foodie like me. And, everywhere nearby serves shitty food.
But the perk of the new house is that i am finally given my own room, and had my dream came thru with the queen sized bed and television in my own room. The room is indeed a pigeon hole with the queen sized in it. But bed room space is more important than bedroom space to me!

2016 also brought along some crisis to me. I am formally addicted to netflix and have been watching much of its drama here and there. Fortunately for its new download functions, data have been saved tremendously and more shows have been watched during the loooong trip from Pioneer to Punggol.
Chew also changed job at the same period as me and both of us had difficulty adjusting. It brought along a lot of quarrels and the time for us to stick together was severely cut short simply because the ride home have just been substantially increased. i would also need to sleep earlier due to earlier working hour(8.30am)

Chew and me have done a little bit of travelling this year! We went to Bangkok and shopped till drop! I thought BKK would be too hot for her to be outdoor and she would have wanted to stay indoor at Platinum mall most of the time. Never have i been so wrong of the motivation of $4 dresses.
Penang was a regular yearly affair, but this time, we stay a little longer. As such, we managed to explore slightly more cafes and we travelled around using Grab! Cheap good and nice!
The last trip of the year ended up to be at Taipei. Unlike last year, we focused on shopping and going for good food and good hot spring.

2016 have been kind.
2017, please be good to me and chew!


No comments:

Post a Comment